“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – July 17, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ John Fritch re: Peaks, Pines Café, Lookout Lounge @ the Top of the Tram.
– REPORT that the Tram is open. Can even do “walk-ups” to get your Tram tickets.
– REPORT that Peaks IS ALMOST ready to open.
– REPORT that the temperature @ Peaks is always about 40 degrees cooler.
– REPORT that the Lookout Lounge is open! It is in a new location on the 3rd floor near the windows. The Pine’s Café is open. The BRAND NEW KITCHEN is wonderful. New refrigeration, better prep areas, etc.
– REMINDER that everything that goes UP for the remodel WENT UP ON THE TRAM, some heavier items had to be lifted by helicopter.
– REPORT that John hopes to open Peaks for lunch soon. Retro look now, new lighting, getting new staff.
– REPORT that the maintenance shut-down is coming too.
– REPORT on the updated menu. PEAKS IS #8 in the world for cliff side dining!!! Hope to move up a couple of numbers this time.
– REPORT on the new cocktail items @ the new beautiful bar.
– DISCUSSION of his being honored by the Rotary. His work w/ the P.S. Chamber.
– REPORT that all provisions come up on the Tram early in the morning.
– REPORT that no reservations are needed for the Pines Café. “Grab ‘n Go” is available now. You can eat inside or out. Family fare.
– REPORT that bookings are available now for special events, Holiday Parties, etc. If you are vaccinated you DO NOT NEED A MASK.