Eisenhower Health Segment – July 24, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Lee Rice Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist and Danielle Higgins re: Director of the Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center.
– REPORT on the wonderful donors that provided new equipment for the Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center @ EH.
– DISCUSSION of the sequence patients go thru when they get the diagnosis for breast cancer.
– REPORT on the NEW state-of-the art 4 mammography units @ The Schnitzer/Novack Breast Center @ EH. And 2 units @ their other facility.
– REPORT on the innovations and improvements in Mammography units. Latest and greatest equipment now @ EH. Improvement in the “comfort” level for patients. Still need to “press”, but much more comfortable. Better quality resolution for the radiologist.
– REPORT that this new equipment has quicker “turn-around” times for results for the patients. In some cases, the “very same day”.
– REPORT on the “war” against breast cancer. Importance of early detection. Can detect cancers the size of a grain of salt.
– DISCUSSION of men/breast cancer/mammograms because men can also get breast cancer. The treatments are the same for men as for women w/ breast cancer.
– REPORT on the time frame for mammograms. 1st Screening Mammogram when you are 40. Then once a year.
– REPORT that the donors also afforded the purchase of the first and only dedicated upright biopsy guidance system made by Hologic Diagnostic & Medical Imaging Solutions.