Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” Segment – July 3, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela, Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that the WHO says that even vaccinated people SHOULD be masked but the CDC does not. Different in the populations/areas they are treating. Here in the U.S. we have access to 3 different vaccines.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”
1. Do the vaccines from Pfiser and Moderna offer long term protection? (Yes, it looks that way. Mrna vaccines (Pfiser and Moderna) and Johnson and Johnson in combination may be better as a booster).
2. I got my 1st shot, should I go get a booster? (Yes, if you got 1 shot, GO GET THE 2ND, if you got 1 shot of J’nJ no one is being told to get a booster yet after you have completed your series.)
3. CA. has banned travel to FL., MT. AK., NC., and WV.? (That pertains to funding for government travel only).
4. What is this new drug for ADHA? (lisdexamfetamine – check w/ your primary care physician.)
5. There’s a new drug for the treatment and prevention of Alzheimers? (A Beta drug w/ some controversy over the approval.)
6. How can I get proof of vaccination for travel? (CA. has a new program in place for vaccination registration. You can access it yourself and store it on your phone. Link is on www.mydohc.com. You will get a QR code.)
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s clinics are open Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.Cc’s clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday.