Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” Segment – July 17, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela, Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are in our 71st week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that we are seeing new infections in R.C.
– REPORT that the Delta Variance now makes up 9% of new cases are Delta Variance. Lambda from Peru doesn’t seem to be in the U.S. yet.
– DISCUSSION that the Delta Variance allows for a greater viral load earlier and therefore it can infect people earlier and quicker.
– DISCUSSION that the vaccine creates the defenses against the virus.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has new “Super Hero” band-aids.
– REPORT that a single dose of Pfiser and/or Moderna IS NOT REALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE DELTA VARIANT. Get your 2nd dose. 94% effective.
. DISCUSSION that very rare side-effects of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”
1. Who has natural immunity? (People who have “had” a disease have developed an immunity to it. BUT if you have had COVID-19 you still need to get your shots because natural immunity probably only lasts 3 months or so).
2. Is honey and turmeric a good antibiotic? (Honey that was made and pollInated in your geographical area help w/ allergies IN THAT AREA)
– GOOD NEWS…we are NOT in a surge in Riverside County.
– REPORT that children under 12 still CANNOT get vaccinated. Studies on-going and are looking into vaccinating 5 – 11 year-olds in the fall.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s clinics are open 8 AM to 4 PM Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.Cc’s clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday.
– REPORT that if you feel ill – GET TESTED!!!