“Talk of Stars” Segment – May 22, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – “Talk of Stars” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
“Talk of Stars”/JUST FABULOUS w/ George Chakiris re: 515 N. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA.
– SAVE THE DATE: Sat., 5.29 book signing 1-3 PM w/ West Side Story’s George Chakiris “My West Side Story”. Best to order in advance by phone or website if you are out of town.
– REPORT that George won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for “West Side Story”.
– DISCUSSION that his family was VERY SUPPORTIVE of his career in show business.
– Turner Classic Movies interview Russ, Rita and George in honor of the 60th anniversary of the premier of the movie.
– REPORT that George keeps in touch w/ many of the cast members from the movie. It’s a West Side Story Family. That is unusual for a movie cast.
– DISCUSSION of the atmosphere on the set where everyone felt that the work was “special” even @ the time they were doing it.
– REPORT on the choreography of genius Jerome Robbins. He co-directed the film w/ Robert Wise. He choreographed for each character in particular. George worked w/ Jerome in the London Company too.
– DISCUSSION of dancing “on the street” during the opening scene. The dancers had rehearsed for a long time on the street surfaces.
– DISCUSSION of the way ballet sequences were believable as action scenes…i.e. the fight.
– DISCUSSION of his motivation behind writing the book “My West Side Story” and how he felt about living thru some remarkable roles, movies, times and working with some outstanding people. His joy in looking back and reporting on his fabulous career. The lasting impact of the movie and his hopes for his book.