“Senior Moment” Segment – May 8, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Program Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale: 1.) Independent Living 2.) Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge, 20 residents) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT that THEY ARE OPEN NOW. In-person visits can happen now. REPORT on the impact for the residents. All residents are vaccinated, AND if guests are vaccinated you can visit in the individual apartments. Masks are suggested still.
– REPORT that if guests have not been vaccinated the visits happen OUTSIDE.
– STORIES of the reuniting of residents and family members now that we are in the ORANGE TIER.
– REPORT on how residents in Memory Care react to wearing masks, due to the example of the staff probably.
– REPORT that there is live entertainment in the Living Room Area now.
– REPORT that the dining room is not open to visiting family members yet. BUT, your family member can TAKE YOU OUT.
– REPORT that there are a few vacancies now in Assisted Living and an apartment in Memory Care.
– DISCUSSION of whether or not the Pandemic hastened folks moving into Brookdale where everything is taken care of for you. Yes, it has.
– REPORT that there are no “in-house” tours.