“Go Green” Segment – May 1, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: Outreach Specialist. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the impact of the coming heat on our watering schedules. Best to water so you can “see” your sprinklers if broken. Either early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid the evaporation factor.
– REPORT on Drinking Water Week May 2 – 8. To recognize the important role of water in our daily lives. Recognize all the infrastructure that is required to carry water to and from customers. DISCUSSION of how to report water waste to DWA.
– REPORT on Help2Others starting May 1 credit to help people pay their water bill is going up to $200. Administered by United Way of the desert. Apply @ www.dwa.org/h2o.
– REPORT on pipeline replacement that will go on in the Araby & Tahquitz River Estates areas starting in June and going on into the Fall.
– MAY WEBINAR – 5/19 @ 10 AM. FREE Talk about drought and water shortage planning. All info is on the website www.dwa.org/virtual.