Eisenhower Health Segment – May 22, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Lee Rice, Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist and Veronica Williams, Nursing Director of the new Eisenhower Family Birthing Center.
– Intro by Lee Rice. Description of the calm, serene atmosphere of this new facility. Only one of its kind in the Desert.
– REPORT on the Family Birthing Center w/ state of the art equipment for both moms and babies. 14 rooms, w/ 2 operating suites, w/ neo-natal intensive care unit w/ one baby, one room; cameras to connect to Mom/Grandma etc., @ home.
– LDRP (labor, delivery recovery and postpartum) means Mom stays in the same room for the entire birthing process.
– REPORT on the latest innovations; Moms “sit up” in a birthing chair if they want to deliver; wireless monitoring if Mom wants to walk around during labor; “peanut” balls to place between Mom’s legs to open the pelvis and create comfort; Atom baby “warmers”, the carts to facilitate any emergency care needed w/ no time lapse.
– DISCUSSION of the Dad/Doula/Partner being allowed in the birthing room, families will follow soon.
– REPORT that this new facility has more room for Mom and Baby AND better access for emergencies.
– REPORT on the fact that this new facility and so much more @ Eisenhower would not be possible w/out the fabulous donors