Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” Segment – May 1, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are starting our 60th week of the Pandemic and we are still IN THE ORANGE ZONE!!!!!
– REPORT that Riverside County numbers are looking good. 2.1% positivity rate. More people getting tested.
Hospitals have fewer cases.
– DISCUSSION of the Kentucky Derby today. Tips to follow.
– DISCUSSION that the biggest problem is “vaccine hesitancy”.
REPORT that we have 90 million Americans fully vaccinated. D.O.H.C. has J ‘n J available now.
– REPORT that today there is a big “max vac” Clinic going to be @ Desert Arc. Did D.S.U.S.D. Teachers, support staff and their families.
– REPORT on the efficacy of just ONE DOSE in older persons. Still significant benefits. Very promising.
– DISCUSSION of the conversation you need to have w/ someone who DOESN’T WANT TO GET VACCINATED. You will not be hospitalized, not be on a ventilator, or die if you get vaccinated.
– REPORT that younger children and babies will be able to be vaccinated hopefully by the end of the year.
– REPORT that the development of this vaccine rank right up there w/ ether, the salk vaccine, penicillin etc.,
– REPORT that if you are fully vaccinated, YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEAR A MASK OUTDOORS.
– REPORT that the spacing of folks indoors is not as important as the TIME spent indoors.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”.
1. What happens if you DON’T GET THE 2ND DOSE. (Still get a good level of efficacy).
2. Will the plastic/glass partitions still be needed in all the restaurants? (The virus is known to be airborne and these were a “knee-jerk” reaction early on to DO SOMETHING).