Restaurant of the Week Segment – March 6, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dick Shalhoub re: McDonald’s.
– REPORT on the new Crispy Chicken Sandwich. Different crunchy batter, on a toasted potato bun, butter, and pickles.
– REPORT that the coming Shamrock Shake McFlurry will also have Oreos cookie bites in it.
– REPORT on Dick’s 31 stores. McDonald’s has NOT EVER CLOSED during the Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION of his thoughts on the coming opening up of the inside of his restaurants. Hopefully by Easter.
– DISCUSSION of his restaurants’ service and financial aspects during the Pandemic. Success, ingenuity, and morale of his crews is great.
– DISCUSSION of the overall recovery of the restaurant industry. How kitchen sizes, patios or not, etc., play into this.
– REPORT that the whole chicken menu will be developing in the future. Some items and surprises are coming. Push towards breakfast items.
– DISCUSSION of the “McPlant” menu that is being developed.