Neuro Vitality Segment – March 13, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Neuro Vitality Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Dr. Jay Seller re: Program Director and Executive Director. 2800 E. Alejo, Palm Springs, CA. He is a Doctor of Organizational Leadership, i.e. how to run non-profits.
– REPORT that there was a vaccination clinic.
– REPORT that they WILL BE ABLE TO OPEN AGAIN on April 15. There will be Personal Protection Procedures @ that point in time.
– REPORT that everyone will have to be vaccinated. Another vaccination clinic on April 2. Go to www.myturn.ca.gov to schedule.
– REPORT that their services and meetings will go forward in both VIRTUAL and IN PERSON scenarios.
– DISCUSSION of the programs when we get back open. i.e. meal service either delivered or @ the Center.
– NEED for a boxing coach for the returning Parkinson’s Boxing Classes that benefit the patients so very much. Great socialization benefits. The program also has a robotic punching bag.
– REPORT on the benefits from the Boxing Class for the Parkinson’s patients. Usually 3 times a week.
– REPORT on the benefits of some of their exercises for the stroke patients. Usually 5 times a week.
– DISCUSSION that there are ZOOM meetings all day long for clients.
– REPORT that people get to NVC by themselves, bus and taxi services, bus, etc.
– REPORT that lunch service is what is offered.
– STILL one of the only organizations of its kind in the world!!!