Desert Care Network Segment – March 13, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT CARE NETWORK w/ Dr. Kevin Attenhofer re: Neurology Specialist @ 1150 N. Indian Cyn., #204. Palm Springs, CA.
– DISCUSSION of his coming here in 2018 from New Orleans. Trained @ U.C. San Diego.
– DEFINITION of cerebral vascular disease…i.e. stroke. Not everyone who has a TBI will get a stroke.
– DEFINITION of EEG. Electroencephalogram. More complicated than an EKG. EEG is to determine a seizure or epileptic seizure. Epilepsy affects all ages and there are treatments for patients of all ages.
– DISCUSSION of chronic migraine issues. Mostly women. Don’t know why that is.
– REPORT on how to diagnosis migraine. Difficult because there is no test, no picture, etc., Clinical diagnosis. Menopause can cause or cure migraines.
– DISCUSSION of men w/ migraines. Treatments for men and women w/ migraines are the same. Pills to stop an occurring migraine and pills to prevent migraines. Start w/ “over-the-counter” preparations.
– DISCUSSION of the 3 stages of Alzheimer and how he treats same. Medicines for Dementia are not great @ this point in time. Drugs just make the “trip” a bit smoother.
– DISCUSSION of why he picked his specialty.