cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – March 13, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”. “Do you get Dementia or Alzheimers first. (1. There are over 98 forms of Dementia. Determined by a scan of the brain. What parts of your brain may have shrunk? i.e. lewy bodies dementia.)
– REPORT Lewy Bodies has similar symptoms w/ Parkinson’s Disease. This is in the frontal temporal lobe. No part of dementia is part of normal aging.
– REPORT that diagnosis shows w/ behavior changes, gait, verbiage etc.
– DESCRIPTION of some of the tests involved. i.e. “mini mental state” exam.
– TIP to enriching the health of your brain is to focus and to concentrate.
– REMINDER that she has a live ZOOM support group the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.
– REMINDER that there is so much helpful information on the website.