cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – March 27, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Sarah Tripp re: Registered Dietician.
– REPORT that March is National Dietitian Month.
– DISCUSSION of why everyone has put on weight during the Pandemic. i.e. all the emotions that cause us to “comfort” eat such as losses, close quarters, loss of social contact.
– REPORT that food CAN BE an addiction. The neurotransmitters in our brain react to food in a negative way.
– DISCUSSION of what to do to combat this weight gain. 1. Get moving. 2. Park farther away, take the stairs. 3. An occasional glass of red wine, i.e. Mediterranean diet, not too much processed food. 4. Keep portions in mind.
– REPORT that her services are FREE to D.O.H.C. members and she will speak to anyone. Her services are available in partnership w/ other community organizations as well.
– ADVICE that patience is key to losing weight.
(760) 328-4499 X 2805)