cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – March 13, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations ; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT on the efficacy of the vaccines. More vaccines are on the way. Pfiser and Moderna are already making vaccines for the mutated forms of the vaccines.
– CONT. of QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”.
1. New side effects after the 2nd shot (Folks are getting fearful before the 2nd shot. Less than 2 % of folks don’t get their 2nd shot)
– REPORT that it is difficult for D.O.H.C. to get vaccines here in Riverside County. Margins changing for the time between shots. No problem, just get the 2nd shot when you can.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that IF YOU ARE ALREADY getting sick w/ the virus (symptoms or not) there are therapies available NOW that will keep you out of hospital. New oral agent, Molnupiravir, for these cases is available.
2. Children rates of COVID growing. (Children STILL get better faster. Kids can’t get some of the drugs, but children don’t get very ill.)
3. Rate of virus visible in the sewer water in the Coachella Valley getting lower? (It has always been a surrogate ‘marker’ for the community).
– REPORT that Spring Break will be problematic. The B117 virus is from the UK and prevalent in FL. Possible surge coming.
– REPORT that Barry Dayton keeps the www.mydohc.com website updated.