Palm Springs Fire Department Segment – February 27, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Palm Springs Fire Department Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS FIRE DEPARTMENT w/ Capt., Nathan Gunkel re: Public Information Officer.
– REPORT that last year was the worst fire season in history in California. Different theories of what causes fires….i.e. global warming, accidents, etc.
– REPORT that the desert “burns”. Typically in Palm Springs can be ANY TIME.
– DISCUSSION of how to trim around your home….1 and a half times the height of your home.
– DISCUSSION of how a palm tree catches fire. Power lines cause most of these fires. If this is an issue call S.C.E.
– DEFINITION of the one “water tender” we have in Palm Springs. Every firetruck (5 in Palm Springs) has water on it. Every firetruck has a paramedic on it. We have one paramedic vehicle.
– REPORT on the rescue/medical issues the Fire Department takes care of here in Palm Springs. Fire Department also requests helicopter assistance.