Eisenhower Health Segment – February 27, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Eisenhower Health Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Dr. Geraldine Klein re: EH’s 1st Female Urologist. Specialist in robotic urology & urinary tract & pelvic reconstruction, 3900 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on how she is the first female urologist @ Eisenhower Health. She is a surgeon w/ all the different options therein. She likes “seeing” patients over the course of many years.
– DEFINITION of urology. She deals w/ issues in the kidneys, (we see lots of kidney stones in this climate) bladder, urethra, prostate, etc.
– REPORT that she treats both men and women. Mostly men.
– DISCUSSION of how she takes care of patients from diagnosis, treatment, surgery, recovery, etc.
– CONVERSATION about robotic surgery. Easier this way when organs are deep in the body. She puts in “ports” while the patient is asleep, then works from a robot console w/ headgear. Robot functions as a microscope. Less blood loss. Better recovery time. Some surgeries require an open surgical approach.
– REPORT on the overlap between a woman’s need for a gynecologist and Dr. Klein’s services and skills as a urologist.
– REPORT that folks have delayed care and “quality of life issues” during the Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION of all the urinary problems she deals with. Male erectile dysfunction issues too.