Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – February 20, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Administrator over Population Health and Prescription Management; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are starting our 50th week of the Pandemic.
– REPORT on the County’s numbers that are now closer to that @ 25 persons per 100,000 cases mark and are getting better. We will be getting more vaccine from the County.
– REPORT that Blue Shield is getting involved in the vaccination distribution process and how helpful the experience Blue Shield has in this area will be. BS will be looking at areas in the CV hardest hit.
– REPORT on the two vaccination sites D.O.H.C. has. Palm Springs and Indio.
– DISCUSSION of the excitement people are exhibiting to get the vaccine. D.O.H.C. is vaccinating over 2,000 folks a week.
– REPORT that after your 2 shots you are pretty protected after about 2 weeks. CONTINUE the same protocols as before. Rare, but one still might get COVID-19, although the risk of death and severe illness aren’t as serious.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”
1. Tongue symptoms. (might be swelling, irritation to medication, etc).
2. Layering the blue mask? (Recommended by the CDC. The blue surgical masks are 3 layers. Only 60% effective, but add a fitted cloth mask OVER the blue one).
3. Is the Johnson and Johnson vaccine only available for emergencies? (Pfiser and Moderna are not fully approved by the FDA and area permitted for use in emergency situations. J. ‘n J. is not @ this level yet.)
– REPORT that Barry Dayton keeps the www.mydohc.com website updated.