Agua Caliente Segment – February 20, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Agua Caliente Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
AGUA CALIENTE BAND OF CAHUILLA INDIANS w/ Karin Jaffie re; Marketing Director for Wildflower Festival. One of the charities being graciously supported by Kate Anderson and the Tribe.
– REPORT on the Coachella Valley’s Wildflower Festival 2021. The new way it is happening this year, it’s 14th.
– REPORT on the Mission Statement of the Desert Mountains and that nature goes on, unaffected by the Pandemic. Supportive of the Santa Rosa National Monument.
– REPORT that there is a list of 125 Desert Flowers you should be able to spot. “30, 30 30.” You have 30 days to complete 30 miles (anyway you want, walk, hike, bike, etc.) for $30. The fundraising is on the “honor system”. Sign up on-line.
– REPORT that they only have a staff or 5 persons, so take pictures, share, report so everyone can share.
– DISCUSSION that there are 31 days of this event. “Wildflower Wednesdays” short programs virtually on their website. Will feature different topics, i.e. solar astronomer, how to touch and small, BUT NOT PICK, the plants.
– REPORT that there is an effort thru a contest to engage the young people here. Also local artisans in the Community. Top 9 winners will have their artwork featured as postcards to sell.
– REPORT that you can sign up for notifications on the website.
– DISCUSSION that the Desert is an acquired “taste”.
– REPORT on the effect of rain fall on the flora and the fauna each year. SHARE your photos.
– REPORT on 10 hints for exploring the Desert on their website.