“Senior Moment” Segment – January 9, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Program Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2.) Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT on the New Year’s Eve observances @ Brookdale.
– REPORT on Ashley’s (Program director in Levels #1 and #2) “Drunken Bingo” fun on New Year’s Eve.
– REPORT that his residents are in Tier #1 to receive the vaccine. They are partnered w/ CVS Pharmacies to get the shots. CVC will come to Brookdale to administer the vaccine.
– DISCUSSION of the attitude of the residents w/ regard to getting the vaccine, OR NOT. #3 Residents will not really comprehend the shot/vaccine. The residents will be comforted by the presence of the staff.
– REPORT that residents can have “porch visits”, zoom/skype/facetime/virtual meetings etc. EVERY apartment has their own window/porch. Some residents do phone calls/virtual visits each day. Even the “lower” functioning residents react w/ joy and positivity.
– REPORT that there are openings for new residents at this point in time @ Brookdale. In #2 (Assisted Living) and #3 (Memory Care) levels of Brookdale.
– DISCUSSION of how driving privileges are determined in Independent and Assisted Living.
– DISCUSSION of the access to counselors and psychologist for residents.
– REPORT that staff and residents are tested for COVID-19 weekly.