Neuro Vitality Segment – January 9, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Neuro Vitality Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
NEURO VIALITY SEGMENT w/ Dr. Jay Seller re: Program Director and Executive Director. 2800 E. Alejo, Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT on the history of events for 2020. As of March 1, 2020 they were a Community-based Adult Services Program. As of May 1, 2020 they closed down and became a source of virtual services. The state has acknowledged seeing the benefits of the virtual activities. They are the ONLY C.V.A.S. (Coachella Valley Adult Services) facility in the Valley.
– REPORT that the facility is closed @ this point in time, but the virtual services are available @ different times during the day.
– DISCUSSION that the target audience for NVC services is anyone who has had a neurological event, no matter the age. Patients range from 19 to 78 years of age. There are individual “groups” for different issues.
– DISCUSSION that a physician here in the Valley can refer someone to NVC and Jay and his staff will take care of EVERYTHING from there.
– REPORT that clients can be anywhere and access the services of the NVC virtually, etc.
– REPORT on their meal services Monday thru Friday to their clients.
– REPORT that they can see clients on a “one-on-one” basis but haven’t had to do this process yet.
– DISCUSSION that they can create their own schedule for their clients.
– REPORT that NVC takes insurances.
– REPORT that they will take notices and follow up on anyone a “Joey Pal” may feel needs their help. i.e. anyone w/ a chronic illness.
– DISCUSSION of how NVC can give a caregiver a break too.