Insurance Segment – January 23, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Insurance Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
ASCEND INSURANCE w/ Dennis Van Buskirk re: 36917 Cook St., #101, Palm Desert, CA. 92211.
– QUESTIONS from a “Joey Pal”.
1. What is the timing for Covered California? (At this point in time, the deadline is 1.31, unless it gets extended.)
– So, that means, you can make any changes to the plan you have OR get a new plan.
– DISCUSSION of “why” you might want to change your plan….i.e. surgery coming up, new marriage, new baby, divorce, etc.
– REPORT that he won’t know about any extension until next week.
2. Is there any insurance product for folks who have lost their job due to COVID-19. (Disability insurance is expensive, but NO. Apply for unemployment.)
– REPORT on the business climate out in Bermuda Dunes where his family lives.
– REPORT on what to do “insurance-wise” in this new year. Most are going up, but if you have your home insurance w/ your mortgage payment, you might not notice the increase in your insurance. Call Dennis and let him SHOP it for you. He has 30 different carriers to shop. 90% of the time he can get you more coverage for the same amt. of $ OR same coverage for less $, etc.
– ADVICE on checking your miles during the Pandemic and checking against your auto insurance package.
– REPORT that Ascend, Ins. DOES ALL YOUR PAPERWORK and most documents can be done on-line.
– REPORT that sometimes folks DON’T HAVE ENOUGH COVERAGE. Have Dennis check it and that consultation is FREE. No problems stopping a policy in “mid-term”.
– REPORT on the changes for 2021. Medical insurances included coverage for COVID-19 even now.
– REPORT that his office SPEAKS SPANISH and NEVER a brokerage fee.