Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – January 23, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are starting the 46th. week of COVID-19 “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. now HAS THE PFISER VACCINE. They have almost reached the limit of their supply. They are vaccinating health care workers. They are completely set up for vaccinating everyone, and have everything BUT ENOUGH VACCINE.
– REPORT THAT Riverside County has opened more COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics; Appointments are required. 1.23 – Diamond Stadium in Lake Elsinor; 1.23 & 24 – Indio Fairgrounds; 1.24 & 25 – Perris Fairgrounds. www.ruhealth.org/covid-19-vaccine.
– QUESTIONS from Joey Pals;
1. Isn’t the rollout of the vaccine a debacle? (Yes, but details of how D.O.H.C. is NOT wasting ONE dose of the Vaccine and that they start @ 3:30 PM each day to call folks for the “extra” doses).
2. Whole household was so cautious, observed all the protocols and procedures BUT the entire family got the virus. (Perhaps to wear “double masks”. Limit time in grocery stores etc., until we have everyone vaccinated.)
3. Double masking? (Is done in hospitals a lot. Might help to curb L452R variance in CA).
4. Is the Pfiser Vaccine so strong that it may prevent COVID-19 transmission? (99% efficacy. After only 1 shot, probably have 60% efficacy.)