DAP/Revivals/”Mr. Community” Segment – January 2, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – DAP/Revivals/”Mr. Community” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
“Mr. Community” w/ Steven Henke re: DAP – 1695 N. Sunrise Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on our respective New Year’s Eve celebrations.
– REPORT on DAP’s virtual events for fund raising. DAP has found that a TRUE physical event is not needed….doing hybrid events now. Less expensive, can reach more people, more focus on the work and community and the mission statement, vs. the “fluff”.
– DEFINITION of a “hybrid event” of fewer people in a smaller group.
– REPORT that the people who support DAP are focused on continuing to support DAP. Supporters can be “part” of the event w/out being “at” the event.
– REPORT that these televised special events for fund raising help w/ local tv programming as well.
– REPORT that we are probably looking @ next fall before we can begin to have “live” events again.
– REPORT on REVIVALS @ www.revivalsstores.com @ all three stores. Open 7 days a week. All precautions and protocols are in place.
– REPORT that all 3 Revivals Stores (Palm Springs, Cathedral City and Palm Desert) are now open 10 AM to 5 PM, Mon. – Sat., and 10 AM to 4 PM, Sundays. Gives the volunteers a bit of time off.
– REPORT on how Revivals disinfects each store, every day. i.e. the “fog” type system.
– REPORT on “The People Are The City” program Liz has started.
– REPORT that you can shop “Mixed Century Finds” on the Revivals website.
– DONATION drop offs still happening @ all three Revivals, but trucks ARE NOT picking up donations @ this point in time. “Find Yourself @ Revivals”.