cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” – January 16, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION of the questions from “Joey Pals”.
1. QUESTION from KGX’s Garry; What is the “swiss cheese” model of treating COVID-19?
2. Why are the ICU beds so full and almost no flu patients. (Weak flu this year).
3. If you take OTC ibuprofen or acetaminophen, had a bad nights’ sleep or drink should you get the vaccine? (Yes, perhaps not to if you are pregnant. If you’ve HAD COVID-19 you don’t have to wait to get the vaccine, because we now have the supply available).
4. Can you spread the virus IF you have the vaccine? (Since there is NO virus in the vaccine, no).
5. After you get the vaccine how long does it take for your immunity to build up so you won’t get the virus. (About 2 weeks).
6. 70% of folks who have had COVID-19 may have lasting symptoms. (Yes)
– REPORT that the Desert Sun will report when/where vaccination stations will be set up.
– REPORT that they need volunteers, or anyone w/ experience administering shots to help. Volunteer on the website!!
– REPORT that Barry Dayton keeps the www.mydohc.com website updated.