“Senior Moment” Segment – November 14, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT on the Veteran’s Day festivities the residents enjoyed out front under the portico. Many residents ARE veterans.
– Brookdale has now opened the dining room for Assisted Living residents w/ all COVID-19 precautions. Residents are so excited to interact w/ servers, the other residents, the food and cocktails. Chef Ramses has created new menu items to celebrate.
– REPORT on planned Thanksgiving Festivities outside. Independent and Assisted Living will dine in the dining room and Memory Care will be eating outside.
– REPORT that the Safari Lounge is open w/ all COVID-19 precautions. There is also “non-alcoholic” wine so there’s no interference w/ medication.
– DISCUSSION on the emotional level of the residents.
– REPORT that there are some vacancies in Assisted Living and possibly in Memory Care. Talk to sales and marketing director, Jennifer.
– DISCUSSION of the folks in Memory Care and what they do or do not remember from day-to-day. Tend to know the consistent staff. The pets are recognized pretty regularly.
– REPORT that residents can have pets in all three sections of residency.
– DISCUSSION of the different levels of stress during the Holidays from both residents and visiting family members. Some apartments have guest rooms for visitors/family.
– REPORT on the availability of “porch” visits and virtual visits.