cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – November 14, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Doctor of Pharmacy; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– DISCUSSION on the progress of a vaccine. 90% efficacy of the new Pfiser Vaccine, as opposed to only 50% – 60% efficacy for the flu vaccine. Hundreds of millions of COVID-19 doses are ready to go. Most of the vaccines are 2 shot. We do not do human trial w/ exposure.
– DISCUSSION of BAMLANIVIMAB, an antibody treatment. Used for mild to moderate cases. Not for hospitalized patients. Use intended for emergency cases only.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”. Melatonin, along w/ 30 other medications, has been shown to make folks who take it 30% less likely to test positive to COVID-19 @ the Cleveland Clinic.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”. Will we get paid to take the vaccine? Cost is covered by the CARES ACT.
– DISCUSSION that D.O.H.C. will use the same method as the drive-thru Flu Clinics for the COVID-19. We now have RAPID-ID as well.
– REPORT that Riverside County has really increased their testing for COVID-19 to get us back to the red zone.
– gettested.ruhealth.org and see where testing is available.