cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – November 14, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of the conversation we were having w/ Kurt re: Alzheimer/dementia patients recognizing staff/family/friends. Voice recognition comes into play.
– DISCUSSION that patients tend to remember family members AS YOUNG. They remember you in the space THEY are in now, not where you really are. THEY REMEMBER PETS though.
– REPORT on the pain this causes the family/friend.
– DISCUSSION of finding a sentence to give the patient “a hint”. Pictures, small photo albums help. Involve the staff in this procedure too.
– DISCUSSION of the “left-over” from last month’s show…..How quickly we dehydrate, even in the winter….especially true for Dementia/Alzheimer folks. Telltale sign is a big red crease in the tongue.