cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – November 21, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Doctor of Pharmacy; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– DISCUSSION on the progress of a vaccine. 90% efficacy of the new Pfiser Vaccine, as opposed to only 50% – 60% efficacy for the flu vaccine. Hundreds of millions of COVID-19 doses are ready to go. Most of the vaccines are 2 shot. We do not do human trial w/ exposure.
– QUESTION from a “Joey Pal” that the Pfiser Vaccine was actually first developed by a German Company.
– DISCUSSION of the development of many of these vaccines begin in smaller companies and then the bigger companies “buy them out”.
– REPORT that we are probably only a FEW DAYS away from approval for EMERGENCY USE by the FDA!!!!
– DISCUSSION of BAMLANIVIMAB, an antibody treatment. Used for mild to moderate cases. Not for hospitalized patients. Use intended for emergency cases only. Garry Wing played Lindsey saying “bamlanivimab” over and over during the “Joey Factor” on Friday on 1340 AM and 92.3 FM.
– QUESTION FROM Garry; Study of the nasal spray “vaccine” in ferrets, who’s nasal construction is SIMILIAR to humans. Only 6 ferrets were used in this study. Another opportunity for research.
– DISCUSSION of a nasal spray vs. a vaccine.
– REPORT that perhaps the immunity to the disease may last a bit longer than originally thought. That was 6 months.
– DISCUSSION of how D.O.H.C. will get the vaccine. First responders will get the vaccine first.
– DISCUSSION of how/where/when to get tested.
– REPORT that the Country has really increased their testing for COVID-19 to get us back to the red zone.
– www.countyofriverside.com and see where testing is available.
– REPORT on today’s “Heart Walk” in association w/ the American Heart Association.
– SAVE THE DATE…12.3.20 “Life is Why” FREE virtual employee wellness event. Register @ www.mydohc.com.