City of Palm Springs Segment – November 7, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ David Ready re: City Manager.
– DISCUSSION of his amazing 20-year period of being City Manager. He’ll still be in Palm Springs and is taking a sabbatical. He’s been City Manager thru 5 different mayors and administrations.
– REPORT on innovations he’s seen during his tenure; The Convention Center, new hotels, new downtown, the Agua Caliente advancements, the neighborhood organizations, development of uptown etc.
– REPORT on the success of our diversity and our quality of life.
– DISCUSSION that he would like to see the traffic signals improve.
– REPORT that we are a competitive tourist destination and therefore are able to do more for our residents. How COVID-19 has changed our community and how we will emerge “on the other side” of COVID-19.
– REPORT that his departure date will be the end of the year and the City Council is seeking a new City Manager.
– DISCUSSION of how the focus of the City Government is determined. i.e. City added an additional paramedic unit.
– REPORT that 20 years ago the City Budget was 50 million dollars and today it is 250 million dollars.
– DISCUSSION of the “General Plan” and how it controls how we develop and grow w/ a great deal of community input. Also helps drive our economy.
– REPORT that he was City Manager in Flint, Michigan for 8 years before coming to Palm Springs.