Children/Charity Segment – November 21, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Children/Charity Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS FRIENDS OF PHILHARMONIC w/ Marnie Mitze Executive Director; re: Performances will resume @ the McCallum Theatre when allowed.
– REPORT on the mission statement of this charity. They present MAJOR orchestra from all over the world.
– REPORT that string players can perform socially distant, but brass players cannot.
– REPORT on the outdoors and virtual concerts that are being played.
– REPORT that they have a very loyal “donor base” and a new website that has a donation tab for folks who want to support them or sign up for their regular email.
– REPORT on the work they do w/ CV Youth and the music appreciation program.
– REPORT on where they get their orchestras from ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!
– REPORT on Emergency Grant Program for local schools. Funded w/ $50,000.