Restaurant of the Week Segment – October 31, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ George Kessinger re: “Crazy Mel’s Burgers & Bar”. 166 N. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on Joey’s meal. Secret recipe from George’s Mom for the cole slaw and the Chicken Wings.
– REPORT that the Veteran’s Day Parade that Joey always commentates from Crazy Mel’s will NOT be held this year. Darn. 11/6 Gay Pride Parade will also be canceled.
– REPORT that Crazy Mel’s will be open Wed., evening on Veteran’s Day and George will decorate.
– REPORT on the “All-American” “basket food” he serves. The great interaction w/ the folks as they walk past the Restaurant and jump the hop-scotch outline that Paris put on the sidewalk.
– REPORT that Crazy Mel’s, under the Purple banner, is serving on the patio, the extended back and front, and take-out.
– REPORT is open 6 days a week, closed Tuesdays. 11 AM to 12 PM on weekends and 8 PM on weekdays.
– DISCUSSION that the menu is the same now, but soon will offer 5 different grill cheese sandwiches w/ soup.
– REPORT on the FREE cup of ice-cream served to you after your meal.
– Jim’s favorite, George’s favorite. George’s love to Gypsy. lol