Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – October 31, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– DISCUSSION that we are starting the 33rd week of “Sheltering in Place.”
– DISCUSSION of the impact on Halloween from the Pandemic. CDC did publish guidelines on “trick or treating”.
– DISCUSSION of a “Joey Pal” question…lol, you’ve been telling up to wash our hands, can we wash the rest of us now?
– REPORT CA. 1,000,000 cases. 40 to 60% are asymptomatic. We are doing better than many states, i.e. N. and S. Dakota.
– DISCUSSION that Europe and the UK are having spikes in cases.
– REPORT that Coachella Valley is @ 12% positive, w/ most of the new cases in the younger populatiion.
– GOOD NEWS that we are getting closer to a vaccine. All trials are back on line. i.e. Moderna and Pfiser, etc. should be out for health care workers by the end of the year.
– GOOD NEWS that the vaccines seem to induce a better immune response than a person who has had the virus can produce.
– REPORT that people can acquire the virus a second time.
– REPORT on whether or not mouthwash can help prevent COVID-19. Since the virus replicates in your saliva glands, high alcohol content mouthwash may truly help.