Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – October 17, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are beginning our 31st week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that we are technically still in the “red” and hope not to regress to the “purple” level when more restrictions will resume. But our numbers REALLY ARE IN THE PURPLE.
– REPORT that positivity rate is currently still below 6%. We are “undertesting” though. CV has 9.2 cases per day.
– REPORT that less than 10% of the deaths in the CV are under 64.
– CLARIFICATION; if you come to be tested and you are asymptomatic you will get a nasal swab, it will be sent to a lab and you will be required to quarantine until that result comes back in a couple of days.
– CLARIFICATION; if you come to be tested and you have symptoms you will get the Rapid Id test w/ results in 5 minutes and you will be required to quarantine @ home. The DOHC team will follow your progress @ home.
– REPORT that across the country most of the new cases are coming from families!!!
– “JOEY PAL” QUESTION: DISCUSSION of “brain fog” being the latest new symptom from folks who have had the Virus. Lingering side effect in hospitalized patients even 6 months out.
– REPORT that the entire country of Spain has tied CA. w/ the number of cases.
– REPORT that 3 hospitals provide the stats for how the Community is doing.
– DISCUSSION that 2 new articles that prove that people w/ type O + type B blood do better against the virus.