D.O.H.C.’s Women’s Segment – October 17, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – D.O.H.C.’s Women’s Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Cathy Allison re: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that she has a Master’s Degree, as a mental health clinician @ Desert Oasis’s Behavioral Health Services.
– DISCUSSION of living in F.E.A.R. @ this time. False Evidence Appearing Real. FEAR caused by 1. Isolation during this time. 2. Uncertainty for themselves and their loved ones.
– DISCUSSION that we crave security. We want to feel safe w/ a certain sense of control. FEAR because of the fires, the political climate, the economic scene and the pandemic.
– HER USE of Helen Keller’s quote “keep your face to the light so you won’t see the shadows”.
– DISCUSSION on the “trickle down effect” all this FEAR has on children. Children “catch” more than you teach”. But children are more resilient. If a child has ONE good model/hero to show them love and acceptance a child can learn to love themselves, etc.
– DISCUSSION of the need to be “authentic” w/ a child. Use “age appropriate” language though.
– REPORT on how to handle FEAR out in the world. Stress is NOT good for us. “Re-boot” yourself emotionally and mentally. Have boundaries against the negative things.
– REPORT that her clients feel anxiety, fear and depression. Use healthy habits. Focus on today. Share the positive energy w/ your family in the verbiage that works for you. FIND YOUR HAPPY SPOT.