City of Palm Springs Segment – October 24, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE w/ Nona Watson re: Chief Executive Officer. 190 W. Amado Road, Palm Springs, CA.
– DISCUSSION that Palm Springs is back in the Purple Tier.
– REPORT that the Chamber has NEVER BEEN CLOSED. Moved the Visitor’s Center from the Tram into the Chamber office.
– REPORT that the Tram is still open. Cars have social distancing in place. Restaurants are open for outdoor dining @ this point in time. Need to purchase your Tram tickets in advance.
– DISCUSSION that Palm Canyon “test” of closing the street for restaurants and retail will end this coming week. Possible 2 outside lanes will be closed for restaurants and retail and inside 2 lanes will be for cars.
– REPORT on Chamber Lead Luncheons. Stay tuned for future meetings on Tuesdays.
– DISCUSSION that the State of the City w/ Nona and Mayor Kors will be via ZOOM this year. Stay tuned for date and time. Possibly the first week in December.
– REPORT that the COVID-19 numbers in Palm Springs are good and Palm Springs carries the tourism for the Valley.
– REPORT that it’s a good time for new business in Palm Springs. Good rental rates available.
– REPORT that businesses that can’t pay their Chamber fees are not being canceled during this Pandemic.
– REPORT that the Chamber will help businesses fill out the paperwork for assistance during the Pandemic.
– REPORT on the information available on the website. Updated from State and County.
– REPORT on the latest for the P.S. Walk of Stars. Stay tuned. Michael is updating the app. Report on stars that need a “face-lift”. Possibility of a “social distancing” Star Ceremony.