“Senior Moment” Segment – September 12, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: 69855 E. Ramon Rd., Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– DISCUSSION of Larry being in the business for over 40 years and how it has changed during this Pandemic.
– REPORT on the county and state mandates for funeral services. Can have services outside in the 2 big tents he has that can have 100 persons for a service. Hope to have indoor services soon w/ all safety precautions.
– REPORT on FREE live video streaming for services. That way people all over the world can view the funeral as well as more people being able to participate as well. Put services up on Facebook pages too.
– REPORT on a new company Forest Lawn is working w/ whereby you can do a tribute on your phone, etc and it will automatically “blend” into the funeral service being presented on all social media.
– REPORT on how death is handled during COVID-19 Pandemic is due to state mandates.
– No one has ever gotten any disease from a deceased person @ Forest Lawn. When the person dies, so does the virus.
– DISCUSSION that Forest Lawn practices “Universal Precaution” NOW and always has. Can have open caskets etc.,
– REPORT that Forest Lawn’s concern is not only for the deceased who died of COVID-19 but the family that has been w/ the deceased during those final days.
– DISCUSSION of how Forest Lawn handles Jewish services. Forest Lawn can bury people on Sunday. Concern is for the living mourners, of course.
– Forest Lawn provides masks for anyone who doesn’t have one.
– REPORT that more people are passing away of course, not only during this Pandemic but @ this time of year.
– All employees have I-phone 11’s w/ a reminder each morning to “take your temperature”.
– REPORT that our own mortality is being discussed more during this Pandemic. Time to make your final plans. Forest Lawn is having these conversations over the phone, on-line etc., Paperwork can even be done over the phone and virtually as well.
– REPORT that Forest Lawn has NEVER been closed, is considered an essential business.