Restaurant of the Week Segment – September 19, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Joe Enos re: Marketing “guy” @ “LuLu California Bistro”, 200 S. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION of the closure of Palm Cyn., by the City of Palm Springs, from Tahquitz south to Baristo for restaurants and retailers to expand into the street.
– REPORT on “LuLu’s Bistro Garden” the seating on the street, into Palm Canyon Drive w/ shade, fans and misters.
– REPORT that they put 20 more tables into their “Park-lette” (Lulu’s Bistro Garden) w/ astro turf, colors, umbrellas etc. w/ all precautions required.
– REPORT that hopefully indoor dining will return by Oct., 15th. About 25% of the restaurant will be able to re-open @ that point in time.
– DISCUSSION that even after indoor dining comes back, they will continue to provide outdoor dining.
– REPORT that “take-out” and “curb-side” dining are still available.
– REPORT on the innovations that LuLu has LED THE WAY…w/ new air filters that LuLu has installed and the QR code on the table that is read by your smart phone and the disposable paper menu’s.
– REPORT on; open from 11 AM – 9 PM Mon – Thurs.,
– REPORT on: Sat., Sun., from 9 AM – 2 PM, 3 course brunch for $19.99. Bottomless champagne.
– REPORT on: Sun – Thurs., from 3 – 9 PM half price wine. LuLu also has sealed cocktails “to go”.
– MENU is the same all day and also for take-out.
– REPORT that next visit he will have some information on Acqua California Bistro @ the River in Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT that reservations are not needed, just walk in.