Desert Care Network Segment – September 12, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER w/ Gael Whetstone, BSN, RN. re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– SAVE THE DATE!!!! Wed., Oct., 7 “Are You At Risk of Falling?”. 1-2 PM. FREE Virtual presentation.
– REPORT that falling is not a normal part of aging.
– REPORT that in 2018 the leading cause of death in the state of CA. for folks over 75 is falling (from standing).
– DISCUSSION of why we fall @ home;
1. Rugs, 2. No support bars in showers, etc., 3. Stairs, 4. Pets that run underfoot!!!!
– DISCUSSION of other factors that cause falls;
1. Vision problems, 2. Balance issues, 3. Depth perception, 4. Medications.
– DISCUSSION of factors that cause falls outdoors.
1. Cracks in sidewalks, 2. No hand rails, 3. Shoes, 4. Flower beds w/ rocks etc.
– RECOMMENDATIONS to prevent falls.
1. Use canes and/or walkers,
2. Stay hydrated in this heat.
– REPORT that you can get a brochure by calling the number below.
– To continue the conversation w/ Gael, call (760) 323-6140.