cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – September 5, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Administrator over Population Health and Prescription Management. i.e. PHARX; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– CONTINUATION OF “Joey Pal” questions re;
1. Mis-C for children. The rise of the virus in children.
2. New cheap steroid. Desamethasone DOES reduce the risk of death in seriously ill patients.
3. The flu vaccine is here. IT WILL NOT protect you from COVID-19. However, it will keep folks out of the health system so COVID-19 patients can have the hospital beds.
– REPORT that flu season is here and D.O.H.C. is ramping up the drive-thru flu vaccine locations. Starting 9/9/2020. Also, will screen for COVID-19 @ the same time. You will get “proof” of flu vaccination. Don’t need to make an appointment and can sign up for D.O.H.C. @ the same time. Info on website.
– DISCUSSION of different levels of the flu vaccine dependent upon what else is going on. Same precautions for COVID-19 work for preventing the flu. WEAR MASKS, WASH YOUR HANDS AND SOCIAL DISTANCE.
– DISCUSSION of “open enrollment” that is coming up.
– HOPE for vaccine for the masses will probably come after the first responders get their…..probably in 2021.
– REPORT on the great DOHC website FOR ANYONE TO USE. Barry Dayton keeps it so current.