“Senior Moment” Segment – August 8, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). All are to “shelter-in-place”.
– REPORT that we are doing a “porch visit” @ Brookdale in Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT on how visitors can have a “porch visit” w/ their loved one during this Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION that Brookdale needs to protect residents living INSIDE and staff coming in from the OUTSIDE.
– REPORT that resident who still drive may have their vehicle @ Brookdale. If residents DON’T drive Brookdale has vehicles that will drive the residents.
– REPORT that there is a vacancy in Assisted Living, NEAR THE POOL. Those classes will return, hopefully soon.
– REPORT that Brookdale is VERY PRIVATE. The residents feel safe and secure.
– REPORT on communications during the Pandemic. Virtual visits w/ families are popular. Visits thru email, facetime, Pen Pals!!!! skyping, Zoom, porch visits thru the windows, etc. Families are happy to know their loved one is in such a safe facility.
– REPORT that the atmosphere is very positive for residents and staff.
– REPORT on the new way of residents “socializing” w/ Ashley, the lifestyles director in Assisted Living. For cocktails, meals, hobbys, etc.,
– REPORT that even during the Pandemic, Ashley is working on different types of exercise to keep residents moving.
– REPORT on the advantage of being @ Brookdale and not home alone and of being constantly monitored.
– REPORT on how deliveries are accomplished while the facility is “closed” to the public.
– DESCRIPTION of the beautiful grounds, wind chimes, roadrunners, etc.