Restaurant of the Week Segment – August 8, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Todd Flood re: His four restaurants i.e. “Maracas Mexican Cantina & Grill” 155. S. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. and 72775 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. “J.T.’s Diner” 37011 Cook St., Palm Desert, CA. 92211 and “The Slice” 72775 Dinah Shore Dr., #107, Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on “Maracas, Rancho Mirage”. – new covered patio, fans etc. New menu and soon a new drink menu. Take out. “Great Plates” program w/ Rancho Mirage to feed elderly/shut-in’s etc., Across the street from Costco.
– REPORT on “J.T.’s Diner” – hopes to get on the “Great Plates” program. Open 8 AM to 2 PM, Wed., – Sunday. “Contactless delivery” w/ all precautions. Patio dining and take-out.
– REPORT on “Slice”. Jack has fully remodeled “Slice”. Next door from “Maracas” in Rancho Mirage. Developing a “take out” area. Will be more Italian Deli. $10. Bottle of wine available w/ your take-out as long as the bottle is not opened in the car.
– REPORT on “Maracas, Palm Springs”. Revamped the inside bar area. (not open yet) Patio area is observing ALL precautions. Challenges other restaurants to do the same. Will be increasing the outdoor frontage on Palm Canyon and have 4 more tables for outdoor dining. Fenced off w/ umbrellas.
– REPORT on the demeanor of some of his out-of-town diners who are a bit belligerent about masks, etc. “Can’t get passed without a mask”. “Maracas” will furnish masks if you don’t have one.