Restaurant of the Week Segment – August 22, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Jacky Donnell re: “Elmer’s Restaurant”. 1030 E. Palm Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT on how Elmer’s is serving outdoors on the lawn and on both patios w/ canopies, misters, and fans. Priority is to keep guests and staff safe.
– REPORT that Elmer’s (and actually all restaurants, hair salons, etc.) may get to MOVE INDOORS SEPTEMBER 8.
– REPORT on how her employees “alternate” serving in this extreme heat warning.
– REPORT on the huge fans out on the grass that have water misting through them as well.
– REPORT on her charitable efforts during this Pandemic. She has extended the $1. donation for every item ordered from the front page of the menu that goes to Desert Cancer Foundation. Can just drop off cash/check donations inside as well.
– REPORT that the menu remains the same EXCEPT for the prime rib.
– REPORT on strawberry season ending the end of August.
– REPORT that “take-out” menu, gift cards, and charitable donations are still in place. Separate door and lobby area to pick up “take-out” orders, OR can wait in the car w/ a pager for your order.