Medical Segment – August 15, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Medical Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER/COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER/AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY w/ Dr. Judy Jackson re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– REPORT that too many women are skipping their regular mammograms.
– REPORT on the precautions being followed @ D.R.M.C./Comprehensive Cancer Center.
– REPORT that people are deferring their Cancer Treatment due to fear of COVID.
– “COVID doesn’t cancer and cancer doesn’t stop for COVID”.
– DISCUSSION that the stress of COVID is detrimental to Cancer patients.
– REPORT on Cancer patients fearing catching Covid when coming to their appointments, so she calls them.
– REPORT on separation of COVID-19 patients and Cancer patients @ D.R.M.C. Her staff is pretty upbeat. Only 1 person can go into the Cancer Center w/ you.
– REPORT that breast and lung cancer are most prevalent now.
– REPORT that it is very safe to come to Desert Regional Medical Center. DON’T DELAY ANY MEDICAL TREATMENTS.