Desert Care Network Segment – August 8, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER/COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER w/ Rachel Millard, N.P. re: 1180 N. Indian Cyn., Palm Springs, CA.
– SAVE THE DATE!!!! “Take Charge of Your Life: Surgical Weight Loss & Your Health”. 8.24.20 @ 1 PM. FREE Webinar for 3 months. Sign up @ www.desertweightloss.com.
– REPORT that folks are starting to be more interested in surgical weight loss.
– REPORT that there is a support group for ANY weight loss surgical patients.
– REPORT that there is a support group for ANY person interested in weight loss surgery.
– DISCUSSION of the new techniques of the surgery. Robotic program is now employed by the surgeon. Videos on YouTube.
– REPORT that being obese is an added risk for COVID-19. More women are obese than men.
– REPORT that normal hospital stay after weight loss surgery is only 1 day.
– REPORT on many of the advantages of weight loss surgery; i.e. blood pressure, ability to get pregnant, diabetes, heart issues, etc.
– REPORT that most insurances cover weight loss surgery. D.R.M.C. performs 4 to 7 weight loss surgeries per week.
– REPORT that it is very safe to come to Desert Regional Medical Center. DON’T DELAY ANY MEDICAL TREATMENTS.