cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – August 22, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT of the good news;
1. DOHC members will have the FREE “rapid-id” test w/ results in 5 minutes soon. Especially valuable for candidates for surgery, etc. Premier Urgent Care in Indio will do this rapid test for $100.
2. DISCUSSION on if COVID-19 has mutated. “Yes” it has mostly in Asia. More infectious but less lethal.
3. 6 vaccines now in clinical trial. Russians have shifted gears to trying to buy the Chinese Vaccine. (361 trials in the U.S. right now).
4. REPORT that 30% of Americans say they WILL NOT GET THE COVID-19 vaccine when it becomes available.
5. REPORT that next springs there will be a vaccine available for general use.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”.
1. Nose spray vaccine. UCSF is working on a nose spray, called “nanobodies”. Would be an “over the counter” nasal spray for use “post exposure” or to help prevent COVID-19. Researchers are using this personally.
– REPORT on the great DOHC website FOR ANYONE TO USE. Barry Dayton keeps it so current.