Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 11, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. San Ly; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 17th week of “sheltering in place”.
– Dr. Ly was born and raised in Viet Nam and went to Pharmacy School in Hawaii.
– REPORT on the bad news: 71% of increase in CV or COVID-19 cases.
– Still wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands and don’t touch your face.
– REPORT on new evidence that the particles of the virus can stay in the air longer than previously known.
– REPORT that these particles get into our ventilation systems, i.e. planes, businesses, schools, grocery stores, etc. WHO is probably going to issue new guide lines soon.
– JOEY PAL QUESTION: What percentage of patients who have the virus have a fever? If a patient has other health issues, that will impact a temperature also.
– DISCUSSION that taking a temperature as you enter a business or restaurant MAY NOT tell the whole story.
– REPORT on the progress of a vaccine. Possibly by October for high-risk individuals and health-care workers. China is leading the development of a vaccine @ this point in time. Cansino vaccine is being tested in the military. Pfiser vaccine is being tested as well.
– REPORT on the taskforce @ D.O.H.C. to keep the health care professionals informed and educated w/ the latest developments. Led by Dr. Brian Hodgkins. All this info is on their website.
– REPORT that most appointments are virtual now.