Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 18, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 18th week of “sheltering in place”.
– DISCUSSION of the anger that is developing during this Pandemic.
– REPORT on the bad news: 3.5 million cases in the U.
S. CA. has gone back into a more restrictive mode. Almost 7,000 cases locally. Our 3 hospitals ICU’s are filled. Military support is coming in from March AFB.
– Health care workers are strained to the limit.
– Problem of patients avoiding regular medical care for fear of going to the hospital. This is a national issue.
– High social transmission rate in the community.
– DISCUSSION of test, trace and treat. To some folks this seems an invasion of privacy.
– DISCUSSION that this is pretty much a “preventable illness” if we just do what we should be doing.
– DISCUSSION of the tiers of testing. Results come in 7 to 10 days. Trying to shorten that time to 48 hours.
– REPORT on the great DOHC website FOR ANYONE TO USE.