cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 18, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT of the good news; Health care workers are NOT testing positive. Good job of all the testing facilities.
– DISCUSSION of the timing of the results of tests and the difficulty in isolating while you wait for the results. New testing machine is coming to DOHC in Sept. that will get a result in 5 minutes!!!!
– REPORT that ONCE you are tested YOU MUST QUARANTEEN for 2 weeks or UNTIL YOU GET THE RESULTS. How to structure your family/home environment while the testing procedure goes on.
– REPORT on the different protocols for front line responders.
– REPORT that children 12 and under don’t seem to spread the virus to family members as other ages seem to do.
– REPORT on how DOHC checks on folks who have been tested and are self-isolating @ home.
– REPORT on the progress of a vaccine. Possibly the one from Oxford, supervised for many years by Melissa Gilbert. Being tested in Brazil and the UK. Results in late Sept., or Oct.
– GET A FLU SHOT. Possible “drive-thru” flu clinics.