Palm Springs Chamber Segment – June 27, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Palm Springs Chamber Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS CHAMBER w/ Nona Watson, CEO re: 190 W. Amado, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– The Chamber has masks for anyone that needs one to help “flatten the curve” and to be certain that the problems are not because of our businesses.
– Chamber has over 1100 members and still taking new ones.
– Stress the partnership between businesses and residential entities.
– REPORT that the Tuesday Chamber Lunches @ 12 noon are done via Zoom now. Check the website for the restaurant that’s being featured. Get your food, go home and get on Zoom w/ everyone. Email email@example.com and she will send you the link.
– REPORT on the return of the “Walk of Stars” program. Waiting to hear the guidelines from the Governor and/or County to gather 300 folks.
– REPORT on how to apply for a Star; Headed by Michael Ellis. 1. Paper work is on the website. 2. Then you must go thru qualifying committee. 3. Then you must go thru the larger committee. 4. $5,000. deposit is due after these first 2 steps and then you have 2 years to raise the $15,000. price of a Star. Due when you pick a location.
– REPORT on the help from the Chamber for all the different financial programs open to small businesses.
– REPORT on the Chamber’s Co-working Space. How well it’s doing for folks who want to get out of the house!!! Two spaces available (designed by Michael Braun)….call the Chamber Office for information.
– P.S./Chamber is open Monday thru Friday, 8 to 4.
– APPLAUDING John Fritch as the out-going Chamber President and the in-coming Chamber President Brady Sandahl.